Monday, February 22, 2010

Just a few snafus

Here's a small list of embarassing things that have happened during my short time in the VI. I probably wouldn't reveal any of this to my new co-workers but I feel zero regret plastering it on to a public blog.

- almost hit a car (twice) during my first drive on the island with my new boss in the back seat.

- brought multi-colored towel to the Ritz resort and was asked to leave beach area where only crisp white towels are laid down for guests.

- got charged $30 for exactly six bottles of locally brewed beer at Red Hook bar. It must be the beard.

- accidently left headlights on during 5-minute storm so car battery died while parked in Wendy's parking lot. Too embarassed to call co-workers for help so I started to ask randoms waiting in drive-thru line. No one had jumper cables; tow truck driver charged me $40.

- stayed up until 3 am the night before my first day of work. I wasn't worried about getting adjusted, first impressions. Nope. I somehow came across the first season DVD of "Friday Night Lights."

Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment