Thursday, April 8, 2010

En Fuego

So my beautiful girlfriend was preparing dinner last night as her manly boyfriend with dashing good looks rested on the couch and awaited his feeding when they heard a strange noise.

I went into the back room of our one-bedroom cottage and saw smoke coming out of the washing machine. We were doing a load at the time and the machine was full of clothes and water. Well, the thing caught fire but the flames were inside and smoke was seeping through the machine.

Have you ever tried to extinguish internal flames trapped inside a wet washing machine? Trust me, it's not anyone's Shining Moment. The NCAA tourney is over but I'm trying to make that a year-round term. Thanks, CBS.

Now we're shopping to buy (or rent) a washer and dryer. The original dryer didn't work in the first place so I'm kind of excited. Actually, no. I'm not excited at all.

I'll be sure to let you know how my first VI laundromat experience goes. I wonder if they serve beer there?

No comments:

Post a Comment