Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Puerto Rico in sight

I wish I had paid more attention to Senora Sneed in my Spanish III class in high school. I was a diligent student during my first two years of Spanish but by the time I had moved up to III, I think I was already a senior and starting to coast through school.

It's coming back to bite me in the ass.

I leave tomorrow for a 13-day mission in Puerto Rico, where I will be covering the Central and Caribbean (CAC) Games. The USVI is sending 136 athletes and coaches in 11 sports so I'm going to be running around like a lunatic.

It should be a good time.

Already, just from phone calls to media people in Puerto Rico, I can tell that I will be treated like a second-rate citizen due to my non-Spanish speaking skills.

Wish me luck. Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment