Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mexico bound

My good friends Dana and Doug are getting married and they chose Mexico for their destination wedding this weekend.

There is tequila inside my crystal ball.

Unfortunately, I live in a "destination" and the travel agent in charge of the wedding laughed when I asked if I could float a raft to Mexico instead of flying up to Miami and then back down to Cancun.

The layover in Miami is almost seven hours so it's going to take all day to travel halfway across the Caribbean Sea, which isn't that far. Just ask Elian Gonzalez. I wonder what that kid has been up to? Oh, look. He's either become a solider for Cuba or a boy scout. That's fantastic.

Well, I guess it could be worse. I could have been trapped inside a Chilean mine for the last 65 days. Actually, I will use that ill-timed justification for any upcoming setbacks on the Mexico trip.

Do you think they have Taco Bell in Cancun? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment