Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hitting the town

Light wallets on St. Thomas today and for many of us, it will be another Sunday afternoon spent lying near the water re-analyzing life's decisions.

Indeed. Had a few drinks yesterday.

It started at Magens Bay to celebrate a birthday for Mike, one of the owners of Epernay Wine Bar and Bistro.

Had dinner at Rancho Latino, a great Dominican cuisine joint. It was my very first visit there but will not be my last.

Stumbled over to the grand opening party for Senor Frogs in Havensight. The place just opened and I heard they charge $23 for chicken fingers. We had VIP passes so drinks and food were free last night and we all took advantage, in excess.

Around 10 p.m., we were on a ferry boat to St. John to go to the Madri Gras party at the Parrot Club. I gambled a little bit, had some spirits and made it out of there barely alive. About five of us entered the club during the party -- two of us were thrown out early (separate incidents).

Then we caught the end of a reggae-jam out band we saw the night before on St. John. Yes, I went to St. John two nights in a row. I am special.

Boarded the 1 a.m. ferry back to St. Thomas that attracted a security guard because my friend "Punchy" was running his mouth and licking his wounds.

When we got back to Red Hook, we sort of floated over the Caribbean Saloon, a great late-night spot. Cheese steak sandwiches and chicken wings went down the hatch and the food did not really get along with the Jägermeister, which had crashed the party in my stomach hours earlier.

And just before Punchy and I retired back to the homestead, I found $40 in my back pocket. So the night wasn't a total waste. Just another blurry roller-coaster ride in the Caribbean. Salud.

1 comment:

  1. Well Done Sir. Just the life i had been imagining for you. good reads Urn

    ReplyDelete