Tuesday, June 15, 2010

LIP Blog gaining readers?

Dear Diary,

Why is my Paradise blog getting more and more popular? I didn't mean for all these people to read about my inter-thoughts. Now, it appears, I've created a monster.

At first, I set this thing up so my homies back in the hood could catch up on my Caribbean antics. The family chimed in from time to time, which was expected. But now, I'm writing for an audience and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

If you think for a second that the blog will cease, than you obviously don't know me well. I still wear T-shirts that were purchased in the early 1990's, I always over-stay a welcome and I rarely agree when the bartender yells, "Last Call!"

I'm not sure if that made any sense.

Here's the skinny: several very prominent people in my life have recently approached me about the blog and what was documented within it. This scares me ... Well, not really. Shit. Just forget I mentioned it.

It sort of goes back to the question: Why blog at all?

Who am I representing? What are the ramifications and how does one blogger make everyone happy?

I know the answer to the last question. The only person I bring joy to is MYSELF. Yeah, that's right. I'll admit it. I got into the blogging game purely because of the perks. The pension plan is pretty sweet, too.

So I'm going to keep on keeping on. You know what I'm saying?

More tomorrow. XOXO.

Love,

Aaron

P.S. Roy, I'm sorry I called you a "deadbeat landlord." You are a fantastic, resourceful landlord. Please do not raise the rent or paint the house pink. That would suck. And it would also make for a hilarious blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment