Sunday, June 20, 2010

Marathon Man

I guess I should have posted this earlier in the month but it just came across my mind. Funny how that works.

So I made a little trip to sunny San Diego the first week of June to visit friends, drink brewery ale, eat Mexican food and oh yeah ... I did a little running.

Yeah, so I ran a marathon. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Before I left for my trip, my editor found out about my marathon mission. She asked me to write a Before and After column for publication and I didn't know what to think at first.

Then we decided to publish a picture of this physical specimen running down a local beach bare-chested and full of life.

"So you want to sell some newspapers, huh?"

Shameless self-promotion here ... if you want to read all about my running exploits (and provide our web site with some unique page views) click on the links below.

I personally like the first column better.

BEFORE

AFTER

A few days later, I got an email from an old friend in Annapolis, Md. who gave me some positive feedback from my marathon antics. He told me that reading the column inspired him to sign up for a marathon himself and he quoted some of my words in the email.

It was one of the best professional compliments I've ever received. Thanks, buddy and good luck. Remember to put band-aids on those nipples.

No comments:

Post a Comment