Friday, January 21, 2011

Hunting Hunter

So I drove down the road after another successful early-morning mission to my neighborhood laundromat (they played Austin Powers on DVD and it was got more laughs that you would expect).

As I came up upon the intersection to my house, I saw some skinny dog just working its way trough traffic without a worry in the world.

I thought, "Look at that dog, someone is going to hit him with their car because their owner is an idiot."

Then I got closer. Then I realized it was my dog. Sonofabitch.

I yelled her name out like I was saying hello to a friend on the side of the road. She looked right at me and was shocked. I couldn't pull over because I was in the middle of the intersection but I pointed toward our driveway and without hesitation (or checking both sides before crossing), she darted towards the house at a crazy speed. I think she initially knew she was in trouble but didn't really care too much.

That freaking dog is going to be the end of me.

I drove real close to her as she galloped up our long driveway and toward the house. When I pulled up, she came over and licked my face like we were playing a game.

What am I going to do with this dog? While she was dancing around town, my other dog, Sydney, remained in the backyard like a good girl. Sometimes, I feel like they are complete opposites.

Then I thought about how one day, one of them will die leaving her sister alone and miserable.

Oh great. Now I'm in a bad mood. Thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment