Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rub it in

At first glance, it appeared Brianna soaked our steaks earlier tonight in some kind of mystery seasoning.

Turns out, she got this bag of unmarked poultry rub from my parents' house in Herndon, Va. Several times over, my parents have tried to get me to take it away since I brought it there in the first place. When you're packing for the Caribbean, so many things never make the final cut: guns, sun block, chicken/steak rub.

My sly mother sneaked it into a box that Brianna shipped to herself from the States. It was backed with Christmas gifts, turtlenecks and this mystery rub.

Then I remember that I bought it off an old college buddy of mine who started up his own little spice company on the side. His name is Josh and he is a professional chef. I'm should he would enjoy the free advertising so check out his web site.

I heard they sold over 200 pounds of the stuff just last year. That's why it stayed inside my mother's kitchen cupboard since 2009. Because it's that good! Like a fine wine, it got better with age.

* * *

Ok. This is hilarious. I just goggled his company for the first time in years and he updated the web site. Please check it out and then click on the link at the bottom where he was featured on some Virginia Public Access television station.

My computer at work doesn't have sound but I didn't need it. The look on Josh's face says it all. That kid is hilarious. Well done, sir.

RUB IT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment