Thursday, January 13, 2011

Credit or debit?

You know how those little tasks on life's to-do list always seem to get swept by the wayside? An annoying commercial about getting your credit score checked online stuck out to me the other night.

You know the one with two strong men in black body suits with good credit scores and then there's that short fat guy with a bad score because you never checked and now you can't get a loan to pay off your bookie? Wow. Annoying but effective.

This is the one I used so if you have some free time or if you want to waste some time at work ... but if you're unemployed, don't check it because it may not brighten your day. I don't know. Check it out: http://www.freecreditscore.com/

I checked and it made me happy. In the words of Larry David, I did pretty, pretty, pretty good. Much better than I thought. Now I'm not going to tell you the scores. That would be rude. But just like my eye prescription before I got the lasik, my numbers are heady and can not be beat.

So with a good credit score, maybe I should buy a car or a house, huh? Is that how this works? I'd rather buy the final season of Curb Your Enthusiasm on DVD.

Meanwhile, the lone ATM machine inside my neighborhood bank was out of order. Again. I didn't even have to go in there to find out because a line of standing people wrapped around the outside ATM where cars are supposed to drive up to it.

My checking account is with Banco Popular. A very organized and professional outfit from Puerto Rico. Actually, they are the worst. But I do like to brake out the card at bars or at the grocery store. It gives me mad street credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment