Thursday, August 12, 2010

Roasting the Swine


It doesn't get any better than good people, a delicious pig roasted Cuban style and enough beer and rum to quench an army's thirst.

Ahh, but what if that army is Glacial Energy?

My girlfriend Brianna started working for Glacial as a inside sales representative several months ago. Even though the work is not exactly the type of stuff she studied in school for, the pay can be bountiful and the people are cool.

Case and point came last Saturday. The Brugos Brothers -- Joe and John -- came to my little birthday soiree a few months back and that's when chatter about their annual pig roast started. Just by listening to how excited these guys got, I could tell they meant business.


They live on the north side of St. Thomas and because they're brothers, they live next door to one other along with their significant others. Their street is on a dead end which meant all the craziness funneled through their humble abodes.

Beer bong, flip cup, over-sized Jenga -- these guys had it all. And I can't forget the delicious pig they roasted. There was different kinds of hot sauce and all the fixings (mac and cheese, potato salad, etc.)

I couldn't catch my stride at flip cup -- I lost two games in a row, which never happens -- so I ventured to the back porch to take in the scenery and marinate. I had the creative juices flowing so that is where I decided to do a glamor photo shoot of my beautiful girlfriend...















I then climbed the roof of the house to grab an aerial photo of the Pig Roast, which was already underway.

Indeed. A good time was had by all.

Before I fell off the roof, I turned around and was able to grab these shots of Magens Bay and the surrounding beauty I'm consumed by everyday while living on this island.

No comments:

Post a Comment