Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Say Anything

Don't you hate those John Cusack movies where he seems to pause the movie and talk right into the camera as if you, the audience, is right there next to him?

I freaking hate that. It makes me cringe.

Yet, I've seen a lot of movies with this no-talent ass clown stinking up the joint.

Here's one people (mostly female adolescents during the 1980's) can relate to. It's from the critically-acclaimed smash hit, Say Anything.

Now check out this next picture. Oh how times have changed...

That's my friend, Rob, holding an iPod speaker set. Who knows what the hell we were listening to at the moment the picture was taken?

He sold me his old washing machine and dryer -- true story!

Last weekend, we had a great conversation about the perpetual legalization process of marijuana in our country. All the finer points were discussed and Rob had an interesting point of view.

The conversation occurred under a tent at the annual St. Thomas Chili Cookoff. Those are the kind of events where logically-thinking individuals like myself, Rob and Cusack gather for introspective debates about social issues.

That's it. That's the end of the story. I think I just wanted to publish that photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment