Monday, March 15, 2010

Cheap booze

For all you former college booze hounds and aspiring beer-belly seekers currently in college, I just wanted to let you know the locals here love the Steel Reserve malt liquor.

We used to chug this malodorous crap back in the day because it was super cheap and it got the job done. Still trying to find out what the fascination is here. When I jog around town, it's the No. 1 brand of beer can crushed on the side of the street.

I'm not really sure what that means.

I haven't seen it available at a bar yet but I did just find out that this tourist trap near the cruise boat dock called MoJo's has $2 Red Stripes, every day, all day. I plan on hitting that place up very soon. Maybe after I finish writing this. Hmm, but it is a school night...

Regardless of where I end up in the next few hours, one thing I need to do is call my boy, Nick Wassum. He and his gal-pal are coming for a visit on Thursday and they will be my official first visitor from the States. Should make for some great adventures. I'll keep you posted.

In the mean time, I had one last photo to add. I took it while pumping gas earlier today. With St. Patty's Day approaching very fast, the photo serves as a tug-of-war among the drinkers on the island. Sort of a duality of man, if I may.


Did I mention I'm off work Wednesday? Yep, just another reason you wish you were me. Man, that sounded cocky.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Nick! That will be fun. Will trouble ensue? I think maybe...

    ReplyDelete