Monday, March 1, 2010

Pizza and beer

The traffic situation on the island, especially downtown, is very fickle.

It's nothing like getting caught up in rush hour on the beltway. Oh no, there's no highways in VI. But down here, there are some tight roads that meander through hilly areas. When traffic slows down, you really can't look ahead and see what the problem is.

While waiting on these two-lane roads, little Dominos pizza delivery scooters will zoom by while riding down the divider line. It's completely crazy and these guys are absolutely fearless.

One of the news reporters gave me a raised eye brow and told me these people are not really delivering pizza. He said they're pushing drugs and that's why they can't let tiny backups get in their way. Deadline, I guess.

I think he was joking but I'm not sure. I'm still sporting the FNG badge so I'm not going to press anyone. Not yet.

Well, I just filed my last story. I'm off to this local spot called Fat Boys in Redhook. Going to drink beer and sample this rum everyone keeps talking about. It's time to get weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment