Friday, March 12, 2010

Slim Shady

It's not like I'm watching a lot of television down here.

Really. I'm not.

But for some reason, our TV gets like six channels for free so the gf is trying to talk me out of getting Direct TV or some other monster package. I gotta have my sports, especially with March Madness coming up. If I don't have ESPN, I feel like it's a detriment to my profession.

Anyway, with only six primitive channels, I've become quite accustomed to the commercial patterns and there's this one local bar that has a great slogan. The place is called Coconuts but at the end of every ad, they describe the place as "A sunny place for shady people."

How perfect is that?

Well, after covering my games tonight, I received a phone call from a slightly intoxicated Brianna who needed to be picked up because she went to happy hour with the other salesmen from her work.

Where did they go? Of course, you guessed it.

Hooters!

Nah, they didn't go to Hooters (even though Brianna and I did go there for a date night our first week down here and the waitress totally hit on her). They went to Coconuts and I asked her if there were any shady people there. She gave the place mediocre marks and complained because her drink was too stiff.

Sunny place for shady people with stiff drinks?

Now all they need is a huge flat screen TV with ESPN and I'm set.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys are having such a great time! I'm totally jealous. Living in Paradise AND writing AND with your love? Lucky, lucky.

    Side note: Come check out my latest blog entry. I (sort of) wrote about sports. (ish)

    ReplyDelete