Monday, March 8, 2010

Frustration sets in

Went on a jog this morning and returned to the house to find out I locked myself out. Went on another jog to Brianna's new job -- it was her first day -- but she wasn't around because she was in a meeting that "may take an hour or so." Went on another jog, this time for approximately 55 minutes. Returned to her office. "Nope, haven't seen her." Jogged home and was back to square one. I later learned she didn't have a house key on her anyway.

No wallet. No cell phone (to check facebook). And no freaking keys!

I actually took two big swings at the window in the front door with a gardening tool but I couldn't break the window. Great. On top of being an idiot for locking my self out, now I feel like a wussy.

Then deadbeat landlord came driving up and he gave me a spare key. Problem solved.

Went to work. Met my boss for the first time. She's the one that let me stay at her house while she was out of town. I wanted to shower her with thank you's because of her generosity but I was already in a bad mood so a simple "Thanks" sufficed. I left the office immediately and went to a basketball doubleheader.

Sat in island traffic for 20 minutes (so it really doesn't count).

Interviewed girl who knocked down four 3-pointers in one period to lead her team to victory. Her accent was so thick, I couldn't understand a single word. Asked her coach to translate.

Got back to office and server wouldn't connect so I couldn't upload pictures.

Filed stories, send picture of my beard to Chico in Florida and now I'm finished for the night.

I need a beer. My legs are still vibrating. Shit. Did I bring my keys with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment